My wife has been talking about wanting to make turkey burgers for quiet some time.
I always found turkey to be on a blend side and requiring some kind of flavor enhancer.
This burger recipe is perfect to satisfy both desires … Turkey burger full of flavor. The mint and parsley, with an enhancement of some amazing spices, creates a delicious and juicy burger.
To accompany the burgers we improvised with a recipe for a sweet potato fries and used golden beets and carrots. It is a delicious and a light side for any meal.
Grilled Middle Eastern Turkey Burgers with Yogurt Sauce
1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
1 tsp. finely minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. salt (I used fine sea salt)
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (I used curly parsley, but either type will work)
2 T olive oil
2 tsp. sweet paprika
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin (recipe called for 1 tsp., but I love cumin so I used a bit more)
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
Golden Beets and Carrots baked fries
- 4 Medium sized golden beets cut into fries sticks
- 5-6 Medium carrots cut into fries sticks
- 3 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp of crushed red pepper (to taste)
- A pinch of fennel seeds
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Toss the beets and carrots with all the ingredients in a large bowl and let it stand for a bout 10 minutes to to soak in the oil and spice.
- Place the beets and carrots on a large oven tray lined with foil
- Place the tray on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes until they are soft. (do not let the beets and carrots get too soft as the will soften up as you serve them)
- Serve immediately (It is delicious with some yogurt sauce)
Leave a Reply